When can I contact you?
 Our representatives are available to speak with you seven days per week during our normal business hours of 8:30-5pm. Outside of normal business hours, you may leave a message and we will return your call the following morning. Should a death occur and you need immediate assistance with the transfer of a deceased after normal business ahours, our answering service will assist you.

What do I do when a death occurs?
 If the death occurs at a hospital or other medical care facility, please inform the facility representative of your desire to have Cremation Society of America provide for transportation of your loved one into our care. The medical care facility will require a release to be signed by the next of kin.

If the death occurs at home, contact the police, hospice care nurse or other medical professional that has cared for your loved one to provide for verification of death. Upon formal verification of the death by a person listed above, please call Cremation Society of America to transport your loved one into our care. An additional charge will apply if a transfer is required outside of our normal business hours. Please refer to our General Price List for details.

What happens next?
A Cremation Society of America representative will be in contact with you by telephone to discuss the necessary documentation that must be completed to proceed with the cremation. These items will include the completion of the Vital Statistics Form, Cremation Authorization and Contract. Other documents may be necessary based upon your personal situation.

Do I go to an office to make the arrangements?
No, the beauty of CSA is you can complete all arrangements and forms from the comfort of your home.  You do not need to visit a funeral home which can be a difficult experience.   Simply select the package the fits your family best and let us do the rest.

Can I make cremation arrangements prior to a death?
No. All arrangements are made following a death. Please fill out the Vital Statistics form and save it for your records. When a death occurs you can then provide us with that information.

Can I witness the cremation or have a viewing?
No. Cremation Society of America is committed to maintaining the services we offer as affordable. In order to do so, Cremation Society of America is licensed as a Direct Disposer offering no other services other than direct cremation.

Can I provide my own urn?
No. If you have your own urn, we will ship your loved one’s cremated remains to you in a temporary plastic container. Once you have received the temporary container, you may transfer your loved one’s cremated remains to their permanent urn.

What areas are served by Cremation Society of America?
Cremation Society of America serves the tri-county area of Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach in Florida.